Monday, December 1, 2008

A quick summary of the last season.

Man, this last summer was nutso.

I haven't blogged for quite some time. Some people would apologize, but I could give a shit. I obviously had better things to do. Like take photos, Camp, RIDE, and Eat. As well as live on B-Roses porch.

This summer I:
Rode this great ride.
View Larger Map

Was taught how to braze by some really good friends, mainly Luke from Calhoun Cycle, and Mark Stonich of Bike Smith Design. Thanks guys. It's nice to have this skill in my selection of tools. I like sitting down, designing something, and then actually building it. To be able to braze metal is another tool in my box. I really enjoy those repairs that are truly repairs, not just tuning up a derailleur or adjusting a brake. Here is a rack I built for my Pugsley. It's only requirement was to be able to sport a fender and hold my 5 pound -20 sleeping bag, so it's built pretty light.

As far as other things go I recently started myself a Flickr account. I have been posting pictures from my various rides I have done, as well as my many Pugspeditons.

The photo below is of me and a dog. His name is Parker, we lived together for a year.

This one is me and my nephew, keagan.


This was remodeling Penn Cycle Lake Street in the winter of '07, those are my real arms. No shit.

Finally, I will leave you with this photo of me riding atop a giant tropical fish. This was a piece I made for a parade with Puppet Farm Arts. Underneath the skin is a two framed tall bike. The entire project was made from recycled materials, the head turned with the bars, the eyes were googly, and the mouth opened and closed when I pulled a brake lever. Mid parade a HUGE gust of wind pushed me through about 13 No Parking signs and left me dangling from a stop sign. A group of people got up, came over, lifted the bike, and helped get me rolling again.. It was awesome.

2 comments:

Perennial Cycle said...

It's been cool seeing you get into brazing. What a great (and fun) skill.
I put up a shopcast page on your Cargo Bike. Check it out here:
http://www.calhouncycleshopcast.com/?p=263
The route of the trip is awesome to check out. I thought you were hiding under your bed all that time.
Luke (Mr. Breen to YOU)

Perennial Cycle said...

This hot link might help:
Marlin's Cargo Bike
Lovingly yours,
Luke (Mr. Breen to YOU)